Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Even Gods Get Put Down..

I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song

We deal with so many different things. Rejection, disappointment, angst, anger, regret.
It took this line in the song "Sugar We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy for me to realize that we're equally victims. I knew it, but this was just so much better than I could have put it.

Over the past year I've made decisions that I suffered for, made connections that I could never regret but will always be sorry for, I've danced with uncertainty and pragmatism, and both have left me empty. I allowed myself to feel used the same way I allowed myself to feel pleasure from a situation that I knew was weak from the beginning. But we make our choices don't we? And so I did..

I am a smart girl, wise and strong, passionate and level headed; the logician, academician, intellectual and consummate cynic. And I was brought to tears by someone I condescended to engage. Isn't that something? Even goddesses can be brought to their knees.

I don't pretend that I am the single most desirable woman on earth, but I have a lot going for myself of which I am aware, and the situation that I chose to participate in reminded me of how human I am, and where my weaknesses and flaws lie. It hurt me and it made me stronger and now I just wish to exist peacefully and write poems like I once did.

I just had to remind myself that even Gods may be humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment